» Ayeeee! Hey Everyone
Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:10 am by UnBreakable

Share | 

guthix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
troll464

PostSubject: guthix   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Guthix (pronounced "Guh-thicks") is the god of tranquillity, nature and balance. He desires total equality and the eternal preservation of the natural order of all existence. Guthix is referred to as a "he" by Bandos (who also describes Guthix as evil), Saradomin, and numerous others, whether they be his friends or enemies. This is simply for convenience, however, as Guthix is genderless. He is neither good nor evil, and uses both (or perhaps neither) to reach equilibrium with all the gods.
After shaping what is now Gielinor to his liking, as other races had already inhabited this land, such as the Dragonkin, Guthix went into a deep sleep after hiding the mythical Stone of Jas, at some time also creating the plane of the eternally wintry Land of Snow, which can be accessed through portals from other worlds, one of which is Gielinor. Guthix has power over even the Grim Reaper, who can control the very forces of life and death itself through Gielinor and adjacent dimensions, such as Zanaris, is capable of opening permanent inter-dimensional gateways between two separate planes of existence for entire races to travel through, enchant steel blades to become specially effective weapons against demonic entities (as he did with Silverlight), and his tears were able

Guthix as he appears in the past.
to resurrect a slain cave goblin once. When he awoke, Saradomin and Zamorak were causing utter destruction of the lands Guthix formed in their God Wars, with at least twenty other deities having entered the Gielinorian plane while he slumbered. To stop the wars, Guthix forbade the other gods from interfering in the world of RuneScape (as "Gielinor" was replaced by RuneScape as a name) except through their followers, through the powerfully binding Edicts of Guthix, and that all wars must only be fought in the God Realm. According to Saradomin in his God Letters, none of the Gielinorian deities knew of Guthix's existence prior to his banishing them. Guthix, feeling great sorrow for the world he had shaped and loved so, descended to again slumber, but paused to survey Gielinor's ravaged state, and wept. Upon realising his tears had imbued the stone nearby with magical properties, he assigned Juna to guard them and to judge who would be worthy to pass.
Guthix appears mostly as a floating, hairy skull, as portrayed in the Postbag. However, Guthix is a shapeshifter, and is able to take the form of anything he desires. He was in the form of a butterfly when he came to Gielinor. When the first humans arrived on Gielinor, Guthix appeared to them in human form. Guthix has no real god symbol (as stated in the Postbag). However, the god symbol humans use to show their devoutness to him is a Tear of Guthix (unlike a snake according to popular belief).
Evidence from the God letters suggest that Guthix is the strongest of the non-elder gods, and Jagex is reported to have claimed he is the strongest god, with Zaros being the second strongest. Guthix has claimed in the God Letters to be capable of affecting future events themselves should he wish it, but also adds he does not do so because such an act would disrupt the natural balance. However, we may never know that as Guthix was in his deep sleep the entire time Zaros was on Gielinor, as stated by Guthix in the god letters.
Guthix is the only indigenous god of Gielinor, with others being from another dimension. He sleeps in the middle of the planets, and his motto is: "Balance is Power". A good example of how this motto plays into the game is in Castle Wars and Soul Wars, when a player picks the Guthix Portal. When this happens, the player sides with the side with the least players, hence the saying, "Balance is Power".
During Meeting History, it is possible to examine Guthix. The resulting text is as follows: god of balance.

Thy assumption is mostly correct noble philosopher; most gods mayst not stay long on a plane where their existence it' not demanded by followers. Just speaking the name of a god canst give them power enough to enter this plane, and with followers then they mayst remain.
I am not most gods however; mine power is drawn from the land, from the seas, from the plants and trees, from the very essences of life that dwell here. This is why I neither seek nor demand loyalty from mine followers, for my power is not that of belief, but of life.
The only thing that couldn't disrupt mine energies wouldst be the extinction of all life upon this realm, in which case I wouldst be forced from this realm to find another.
I would never allow such an abomination against balance to occur here. -guthix

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000882483117

guthix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GamerzWorld :: WorldWide Game :: Runescape World :: Runescape :: Newspaper-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com