» Ayeeee! Hey Everyone
Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:10 am by UnBreakable

Share | 

runescape History

Go down 
AuthorMessage
troll464

PostSubject: runescape History    Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

The Staff of Armadyl is a quest item used in the quest Temple of Ikov. If you side with Lucien in the quest, you must steal this staff from a temple and bring it to him. It is the staff of the god of purity, Armadyl, and was also used by Zamorak to defeat Zaros. During the battle between Zaros and Zamorak, Zaros was stabbed with the staff, but he kept on fighting as if it weren't there;eventually, the staff went through both Zaros and Zamorak at the same time, causing enough power to enter Zamorak to allow him godhood.
If you opposed Lucien in the Temple of Ikov quest, the staff remains in the Guardians of Armadyl chamber in the Temple of Ikov dungeon. On 28 October 2008, players who opposed Lucien received the Armadyl communiqué warning that the staff is in danger again.
A replica is currently on display at the Varrock Museum after you speak to the museum curator on the second floor and explain to him what it looked like during the Temple of Ikov quest. The staff in the museum was graphically updated long before the release of communiqué to resemble the staff wielded by the robed skeleton found in the RuneScape vs. Real-world trading development diary. However, it wasn't until the communiqué was released that the "real" Staff of Armadyl was updated, i.e. the one within the Temple of Ikov if you chose to aid the Guardians... if you class "being removed" as being updated as players won't see the real staff again until While Guthix Sleeps when Lucien is seen holding it.
Lucien was found to have taken the staff, whether from the player from the Temple of Ikov quest or from Movario, a human researcher working for Lucien, and was using it to help him become Head of the Mahjarrat and to attain near godhood. However in the While Guthix Sleeps quest it is shown that Lucien was looking for the Stone of Jas as the Staff wasn't enough to overthrow Zamorak. However, the Staff is still considered one of the most powerful items ever to exist on Gielinor's plane. For example, Lennissa claims that "As I told you, the Empty Lord was extremely powerful, but not so powerful that he could rule over the other deities of this world. Should he have made a move against any other god, then he could still have been easily brought down by the combined efforts of the others. The theft of Armadyl’s staff changed this however. If he had taken possession of this god-weapon, then this power would have been so great that he could have overthrown all on this world, and made it into his own image!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000882483117

runescape History
Page 1 of 1